Time with Flor-Ala has flown by me

August 2010 through April 2011 has been a wild and crazy ride. I started off this school year with a cast on my left arm after a car wreck left me with a crushed knuckle.

But hey, after 12 rehabilitation appointments I can almost make a complete fist with my left hand. The key word is almost-it will never happen again.

The same goes for my tenure as the sports editor for The Flor-Ala. After this very paper hits the news racks I will no longer be an editor for my school newspaper. I am graduating this December, but I will be finished with my classes after this summer.

The year went by fast, if you ask me. What did not go by fast is the 17 consecutive years I have been in school.

The next step is to enter the big, bad world and find a job. Hopefully I will end up somewhere doing something that I enjoy. The idea is to find something I want to do, because I will be doing it (in a perfect world) for the next 50 years or so.

Life has its ups and downs, but one of the things that I know for certain is that things are always easier when there is someone there to help you.

I want to express my deepest gratitude to all of the people who wrote for my section, because everything that I did not have to do myself made my life that much easier. I would also like to thank everyone who read my pages. Without you I would not have had this opportunity in the first place.

I really cannot believe that I am sitting here writing this one final editorial for the newspaper. It means two things: I am done working on the biggest task I have ever undertaken, working for The Flor-Ala, and I will no longer be at the helm of the sports section.

I leave the sports section in the capable hands of Tommy Bolton, who I am sure will do a great job. After all, I trained him, plus he has all of the same communications teachers as me, so that has to count for something.

To those of you who read and enjoyed my section this school year, I say thank you. If you did not read my section or did not like it, just know that I do not like you either. There, I said it. Of course, if you do not read the paper, you will not know that I said that, anyway.