“The Dating Doctor” visits campus

News Editor Kaitlyn Davis

“The Dating Doctor,” David Coleman, talked dating confidence and loving oneself to students in the Guillot University Center Performance Center Sept. 13.

Coleman presented his “Dating and Relationships in a Title IX World” speech at the Title IX sponsored event.

Coleman appeared in Glamour Magazine, People Magazine and CNN, said Assistant Vice President of Student Affairs and Title IX Coordinator Tammy Jacques during the event.

Students must allow themselves to grow before finding the right person, Coleman said during his presentation.

“You will not find the right person, until you become the right person,” he said.

In order to become the right person, students need to get involved on campus and give themselves time to heal after difficult relationships, Coleman said.

Coleman also taught students signs to be wary of when dating someone new.

Students should stay away from people who are “mentally, physically (or) verbally abusive, want to get too physical too quickly (or) live an unhealthy lifestyle,” he said.

Coleman gave students valuable advice about their love lives, said junior Haley Craig.

“I think (the event) was great for students,” Craig said. “I kind of got a clearer sense of how to really (date).”

Coleman’s presentation helped teach students how to handle relationships, said senior Christian McAllister.

“(The event) was a lot more entertaining than what I was expecting,” McAllister said. “I think it was very beneficial for somebody who’s trying to figure out, ‘How should I live in this world, and how should I interact with people of the opposite sex?”