Collier Library offers 4 great tools for success

Student Writer/News Editor Brittney Dunham/Kaitlyn Davis

When assignments are stressing you out, head to Collier Library for the tools you need to finish them. When you can’t type another word for a research paper or read one more paragraph in your text book, the library also offers a nice escape from your classes.

1. Reserve study rooms upstairs.

These rooms are some of the best places on this campus to study. Most college students find studying in their residence hall is not a great option. Netflix, loud neighbors, weird spots on the wall —they all make for great distractions when you have a test the next day you are unprepared for.

The study rooms are great because for one hour you have a quiet space all to yourself where you can force yourself to study.

Visit una.edu to reserve your study room through the library’s website.

2. Use online research articles for free

Those dreaded research papers happen to all of us. When they require 10 sources, it starts to feel like you will never complete all of them.

Don’t fret. The library has access to a multitude of sources to choose from. The best part is the articles are free. Your tuition has already paid for you to be able to use them, so why not take advantage of that?

3. Think it out in the ThinkSpace

Located in the basement, the room has tables, projectors, printers, smart boards and anything you need to help you think through a project.

Simply hook up your laptop, and your whole group can work together on a project. If you have a fear of giving presentations, grab some friends and give a mock presentation using the available seats and smart board.

When you need a break, reach for a pair of virtual reality glasses called Google Glass. Use them to experience a roller coaster without ever leaving your seat.

The cool gadgets do not end there.   ThinkSpace is also home to two brand new 3D printers UNA recently purchased. The printers create three dimensional solid objects from digital files.  The best part is, they are free to use.

Pick an object you want printed out, head down to the basement and they will print it for you. Take advantage of this awesome opportunity while you can.

4. Kick back with a movie or a book

On the second floor of Collier Library books for leisure reading and popular movies await, ready for you to check out and take home.

Why pay $20 for the latest hardback Stephen King, Dan Brown or Jackie Collins book, when you can check it out right here on campus for free?

Get inspired by Coelho’s “The Alchemist,” or find out what Harper Lee’s “Go Set a Watchman” is all about.

The library offers anything from documentaries on stress and yoga to movies like “Django Unchained” and “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.”  If you’re in the market for a new show, check out “Game of Thrones” or revisit an old show like “Gilmore Girls.”