Student shares suggestions for night life in Florence

Students at UNA have options when it comes to nightlife activities. With several locations within walking distance of campus, students can have a drink, catch a concert or relax after class.

Court Street runs through downtown and has several eateries and bars, one of which is On The Rocks. OTR is located at the corner of Court and Tennessee streets and hosts local bands to perform on select days. The building has a rustic atmosphere complete with upstairs and downstairs bars.

Another hot spot for after-hours fun is the end. theatre, located on Pine Street across from Florence Utilities. The end. is a laid-back, casual space that hosts music, poetry readings and plays. Instead of the usual theatre seating, the end. has cozy armchairs and couches. Scott Long, co-owner of the theatre, says the end. is a place for experiments in all areas of the arts.

Rivertown Coffee, located on Seminary Street, is also a casual hangout where many students enjoy spending time. This indie coffee shop sells artisan roasted coffee and features local artists’ work scattered on the walls. Rivertown is a great place for students to study, grab a craft beer or pick up the latest album by a local artist, said owner of the coffee shop John Cartwright.