Students recall most memorable spring breaks

That time of year is almost here where many students like to tan, relax, hang out with friends and escape all of the pressures and stress of the mid-semester for one week.

Spring break is right around the corner and many students are thinking about how they are going to top their great experiences from the past.

Many UNA students go out of the state for spring break, whether it is with friends or family.

Some people have experiences on spring break that will last a lifetime.

Senior Shaunna Ryan said she does not know how she will beat her spring break from last year because she got engaged in Panama City Beach, Fla.

“My fiancé now, Joe, pulls out a box out of this drawstring backpack that he had while we were on the beach and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him,” Ryan said. “I did not know it, but my sister and her friends were there taking pictures the whole time and it is one thing that I will not forget.”

Students sometimes go to conferences on spring break to continue getting knowledge about a possible company that maybe they are interested in.

Senior Zach Searcy said he went to a YouTube conference two years ago in Orlando, Fla.

“I was standing with people in a group, talking to them and noticed that other people were coming up to one of the people in our group and asking for pictures and autographs, and I did not think about it at first,” Searcy said. “But, after a while I asked her who she was and she said she was on HBO Entourage.”

When thinking of spring break, for the most part, everyone thinks of going to the beaches. However, some people travel up north for their spring break vacations.

Junior Erin McCallister said she got the chance to go to Washington, D.C. and it was one of the best spring break trips she had ever had.

“It was about a group of 10 of us, we toured around the city and met a lot of different people,” McCallister said. “It was a great trip and I really love the city even more now just thinking back on that trip and all of the memories that we made.”