SGA welcomes feedback on campus issues

New SGA president Laura Giles.

What is SGA? Many students understand the basics of UNA’s Student Government Association, but they do not understand what SGA is doing for them. We hope that each student feels as though his or her voice is being heard by those SGA delegates who can make a difference. I am sure that this is not the case for everyone at UNA, though.

Please utilize SGA’s ways of reaching out to you by attending our weekly meetings in the GUC or simply use our Suggestion Box on our webpage una.edu/sga.

SGA has had much headway to improving our recycling initiatives on campus, creating lion pride on campus and throughout the community and is looking forward to working with UNA Police to increase safety for our students. There are many improvements to be made and we want to ensure those items you find valuable for us to focus on are being considered.

Although the semester seems to have just started, it is moving fast and SGA is beginning to start its transition into new leaders within the next few months. We encourage all students to begin getting to know those students who will potentially be serving you as the student voice and vote for whom you feel will represent you best.

Elections will be March 10 -12 and SGA plans to have many ways in which you can find the information you need to make the proper choice on your leaders. I plan to continue to serve the student body to the best of my ability in the months remaining in my term, and I plan to ensure you as students are represented well by those planning to serve next year.

As always, please contact any SGA representative or myself and allow us to improve UNA for the students. Good luck with your classes and roar lions!