Stressed? Here’s some tips:

A student raises her hands to her face in grief over exam stress. You do not have to be this student — there are numerous ways to fight off exam-time stress.

With finals rearing its ugly head, “overwhelmed” would be an extremely subtle word used to describe the current emotional state of most students. But after questioning the experts as well as students I’ve found some practical, unique and slightly wacky methods to relieving stress. 

Get Sleep

Eight hours has been considered the acceptable minimum amount of sleep for college students since the dawn of time.

“Don’t stay up cramming all night, adequate sleep is very important,” said Jami Flippo, a student counseling services staff member.

Exercise

Girl, look at that body.

“Even just walking up and down campus counts towards that (exercise). Getting exercise keeps your body at its best,” said Amanda Lier certified registered nurse practitioner for Bennett Infirmary.

Aromatherapy

Think we’re joking? Well, it works.

“Something like lavender or even peppermint can really help you de-stress,” Lier said.

No Energy Drinks

You’ll be high-strung enough as is, we assure you.

“(Energy drinks will not help) If you decide to study for 10 hours the day before an exam you’re not going to learn what you need to know, if you haven’t learned it already,” Lier said.

Music

The only time where One Direction may legitimately help you out.

“I’ve always been told that if you listen to classical music before a test it will help you focus,” Lier said.

Stay Hydrated

Insert Gatorade commercial here.

“If you’re dehydrated you will get headaches and it will make things a lot worse,” Lier said.

Dance Party

Freshman Aleigha Edwards thinks it is a good idea.

“I’d have a little dance party. It gets you pumped to study, you’ve got to free your mind somehow,” said Aleigha Edwards.

Netflix

God’s gift to college students.

“I watch Netflix because it takes me somewhere else instead of where I am. I get to go into a movie and think about that for a little while instead of thinking about all my stress,” said Kelsey Graham.

Cry

“I would say a good cry will get you right. If you just let it all out you’ll be ready to attack the world,” Edwards said.