UNA SGA continues to place students’ needs first

SGA president Laura Giles.

By SGA President Laura Giles

SGA is diligently working in the students favor as we kick off the year with events and forums for all to attend. UPC has been hard at work to ensure our new students feel at home here at UNA and our returning students are getting a better experience than years before. My hope is that you are seeing our efforts across the board and appreciate our work for you! We have a lively group who is dedicated to creating an atmosphere of learning and social environment at all times and in all places of our university, but we are still in need of your input!

Upon attending UNA’s Board of Trustees meeting, I am ensured that our university is in good hands when it comes to our administration. They are listening to the students and are thrilled with the ideas I brought forth that we feel are relevant to the student body and goals for the year. We have support from our administration and are hoping for student excitement as we start the year off accomplishing goals and bettering our campus.

In case you are unaware of what SGA is involved in on campus, I will give you an idea of what we have had a hand in our the past month: “Hi” Noon, Bongo Ball, Campus Safety Forum in Rivers Hall and Stone Lodge with Police Department, Monsters Monstrosity, Football Tailgating, Comedian and Dinner, College Colors Day, Freshman Forum Issues Booth, Homecoming Nominations and Elections, and we have many homecoming events to bring you in the next few weeks!

SGA seems to be an underlying figure on campus, but we assure you that our time is being well spent on making UNA a great college for you to attend. We cannot make it perfect for you, but we will always take your opinions and suggestions as to what we can do to create a place you can call home here at UNA. We love this university and hope to spread this feeling to you with our hard work and dedication to providing for the student body.

Again, if there is anything we can do to help, please feel free to let us know by stopping by our office in the GUC or finding an SGA student representative you may know. I hope you are having a wonderful semester and I encourage you to study hard!