Fletcher named Greek life director, begins job in August

Julie Fletcher has been named the new assistant director for Greek life at UNA, according to a tweet sent out by the “UNA Greeks” Twitter account on Monday, July 29.

“Our new Assistant Director of Student Engagement for Greek Life, Julie Fletcher, will start August 5th!” said the tweet, written by Savannah Smith, graduate assistant for Greek affairs at UNA.

Smith said the tweet is true, and that Fletcher was selected by a panel of Greek students, chapter advisers and faculty, in addition to staff members from the Office of Student Engagement.

The Office of Student Engagement has been looking to fill the position since April, after former Greek Life Director DeAnte’ Smith resigned. Fletcher was considered for the position after she applied during the summer, Smith said.

Fletcher recently graduated with a Master’s degree from the University of Southern Mississippi and has experience for the position after consulting for the national chapter of her sorority. During her time as a graduate assistant at Southern Mississippi, Fletcher worked with Greek organizations under the National Panhellenic Conference (NPC), National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) and Interfraternity Council (IFC), all of which are present at UNA.

“In her interview she came with a lot of vision for Greek life, and we think she is going to integrate well with our staff team here,” Smith said.

Stick with The Flor-Ala as this story develops.