University president welcomes students

Dear UNA Students,

Your decision to attend college is one of the most important ones you will ever make. On behalf of the University of North Alabama, I am delighted to welcome you to our campus and the bright future we can help you to build. This is a place where you will find tremendous opportunities for growth, both intellectually and personally. The faculty and staff are here to help you get off to a good start, and then be there to guide you through your degree program. Our SOAR program is designed to answer all your questions, help you select your first roster of classes and choose among other options that will help you to be successful. We’ll also want to talk with your parents to provide all the information they need as you make the transition to college.

Part of my role as President is to ensure that the university is doing all it can to provide an educational experience that will prepare you for the world that awaits your graduation. That experience is not just in the classroom, but extends to all the programs and services that enrich college life while providing for your personal well-being. UNA prides itself on being a community of learners, of which you are now a part. Take advantage of all that is here, and especially get to know your professors (they will come to know you by name). Our greatest ambition is your success. Welcome!

Sincerely yours,

William G. Cale

President