Sodexo to open Einstein Bagels

by Josh Skaggs News Editor

Sodexo, UNA’s food service provider, announced this morning that Sept. 20 will be the grand opening of their newest on-campus restaurant Einstein Bros. Bagels. The grand opening is set for 10 a.m., with President Bill Cale taking part in the ribbon cutting ceremony.

Sodexo District Marketing Manager Beth King said Sodexo plans on giving away free breakfast for a year to the first 50 students who attend the grand opening. Sodexo also plans on giving away water bottles and T-shirts to students in attendance, she said.

King also said Mein Bowl, one of Sodexo’s Asian food additions from earlier in the year, has had a positive impact on UNA since its opening.

“(Mein Bowl is going) very well, the sushi has flown off the shelf and they have upped how many they make (each morning),” she said. “They were making 100 (units) a day, and they were flying off the shelves.”

She said the $75 dining dollars fee, which was implemented this year, is helping with Sodexo’s sales, and she expects sales to continue to grow throughout the year.

“From the feedback I have gotten, I believe (the $75 fee) is very beneficial to the students and us,” King said. “It gets us up to par with the other universities that already have mandatory fees.”

For more information about Sodexo, contact their offices at 256-765-5667.