UPC works to improve, value student money

For those who live on campus and wish to get involved in activities, the University Program Council hosts events to entertain the student body. Consisting of six main divisions, UPC provides an opportunity for all students.

“We look to not only value the tuition dollar but also pursue excellence in the main campus events,” said Vice President of UPC William Riley.

Riley said that the council is not necessarily adding extra events or taking any away, just making the existing ones bigger and better.

This year’s homecoming theme is “Expanding the Legacy.” Voting for homecoming court begins Sept. 12 and continues through Sept. 14. A pre-homecoming party will follow voting Sept. 15 in the parking lot of the GUC. Riley listed events to look forward to during the big week:

•Sept. 19 – the Recycled Percussion will perform in the Norton Auditorium 8 p.m.

•Sept. 20 – GUC painting of the windows.

•Sept. 21 – An activity involving customized street signs will be held “letting students take home memorabilia of homecoming week.”

•Sept. 22 – The cheerleaders will teach students the cheers for the game at a pep rally outside the GUC.

•Sept. 23 – Spirit photo. At 8 p.m. before the pep rally, all students, faculty and staff are invited to the practice field and asked to wear a white T-shirt to fill in the UNA logo.

•Sept. 24 – A float competition and parade will be at the game, along with the announcement of homecoming king and queen.