Parents, Division I and Megan Fox

Remember how it was living with your parents? Or if you still live with them, remember how it was in high school? You would be faced with a really big decision, so you would go to your parents for advice. Nearly 100 percent of the time, you had your mind made up before you ever even went to talk to them.

All you really wanted was the approval of your parents. You simply wanted them to agree with your decision. I’d also feel comfortable making the claim that nearly every time you had an intense gut feeling that your parents were right, but it still didn’t matter anyway.

Let me break this down for you. UNA, or the powers that be, rather, is Ben Skipworth asking his parents (the students) for advice. Did it honestly matter what we all thought about the move to D-I? I highly, highly doubt that it did; however, I commend Mr. Linders and Cory Hamilton for their efforts and attempts to inform the students.

They did a wonderful job, but sometimes you just have to play the role of the parent in life. You have to watch a decision go down and feel helpless. Looking back at some of the stupid mistakes I made, I should’ve saved myself the headache by listening to my parents.

I know a few of the board members-they’re nice people. If I don’t know them, I’ve heard of them. I’ve heard good things about every one. I just can’t help but feel like the decision has been made for a long time now. I understand it’s all about status; D-I just sounds 10 times more awesome than D-II. I understand that I won’t be around for these changes (God willing I leave on time). I also believe that it won’t make UNA as attractive, in my opinion.

I had a major choice on my plate when I graduated high school. One of the biggest selling points for UNA was its affordability. I also liked that it was a smaller place and I could have a more personal relationship with my professors. I mean, the decision is kind of comparable to Megan Fox.

Megan Fox was what Uncle Jesse and Joey from “Full House” would call a “babe.” There was just something attractive about her. Then, she realized every man in America wanted her, she plumped up her lips bigger than the rear end of man addicted to all things fast food and she became a little too trashy for my tastes.

UNA is a quaint, beautiful, intimate university, and that’s how I want generations of future students to see it, too.