Election results are in —Sandvig and Warner tied for presidential vote

Brooke J. Freundschuh, Managing Editor

A run-off election will be held to determine if Amber Sandvig or Javia Warner will fill the position of  President and if Kennedy Edwards or Grace Hafner will fill the position of Vice President.

Today at 5:00 p.m., ballots for Student Government Association elections closed. In total, 1,108 students voted in this year’s election. Results have been tallied by Elections and Recruitment Chairwoman Aliyah McCary and SGA Advisor, Dr.Tammy Jacques. The following students will serve the student body as government representatives for the 2022-2023 school year:

Joshua “Garrett” Statom has been confirmed for the executive role of Treasurer.

Rodnesia Goodloe, Carson Scott, Yashi Srivastava and Kabir Oyewale have been confirmed as senators for the College of Business and Technology.

Whitney Austin and Kody Purinton have been confirmed as senators for the Anderson College of Nursing and Health Professions.

Rebekah Callahan, Treasure Franklin, Isabella Medrano, Emma Melton and Yaslin Perez have been confirmed as senators for College of Arts, Sciences, and Engineering (CASE).

Laikyn Andrews, Mackenzie Martin and Madison Reese have been confirmed as senators for the College of Education and Human Sciences.

UPDATE 3/16/22 6:00 pm:

The run-off election will be concluded a week from today. New ballots will be sent to the email of all UNA students on Monday, March 21. They will have from Monday at 8 a.m. to Wednesday at 5 p.m. to vote for either Amber Sandvig and Kennedy Edwards or Javia Warner and Grace Hafner for President and Vice President. The candidates will have a week to further their campaign.