Hello Homecoming: Meet the 2022 Homecoming Court

Trenedy Parks, Staff Writer

UNA’s 2022 Homecoming Court has been selected and are all in the running for Homecoming King and Queen. This year’s court is full of juniors and seniors elected by their peers. The Elections and Recruitment Committee of Student Government Association hosts the elections.

The Queen candidates are Jayden Bobo, Amari Bothwell, Molly Kathryn Cooper, Shana Melton, and Keelyn Sealy.

Alpha Gamma Delta nominated Jayden Bobo. Bobo is a senior majoring in nursing. She has been involved with the SOAR program, Alpha Gamma Delta, and the LaGrange Society.

The Presidential Mentors Academy nominated Amari Bothwell. Bothwell is an elementary education major who is also the captain of UNA’s cheer team.

“Homecoming is when you’re around everybody and everyone comes out,” Bothwell said. “The tailgates and the parades are fun for me every year.”

If Bothwell had to choose a different major than elementary education what would she choose?

“Either social work or nursing I definitely feel that you have to have a certain type of care to do those majors.” Bothwell said.

Lambda Sigma Phi nominated Molly Kathryn Cooper. She is majoring in sociology and is the captain of UNA’s Lionette dance line. As well as being a leader in the Baptist Campus Ministries and an active member in Alpha Gamma Delta.

Phi Mu nominated Shana Melton. Melton is majoring in elementary education and serves as a Director of Recruitment for the College Panhellenic Council. She is very involved in organizations like the LaGrange Society, SOAR, and SGA. She has been involved in SGA since her freshman year as a Freshman Forum member.

Zeta Tau Alpha nominated Keelyn Sealy. Sealy is a senior majoring in mass communications with a minor in political science. She is an active member of Zeta Tau Alpha and a Panhellenic Recruitment Counselor this year. She has been active in SGA since her freshman year as the Public Relations Chairwoman in Freshman Forum.

Something Sealy wouldn’t mind revisiting from her UNA experience?

“I would honestly like to press restart and get to experience it all over again because there are so many good things [about my UNA experience].” Sealy said “If I could restart LaGrange and enjoy every tour I gave one more time, or restart the University Program Council and get to experience those events again.”

The King candidates for this year are Josh Corbin, Omar Figueroa, Dean Moore, Tevin Pauley, and Connor Potts.

Alpha Gamma Delta nominated Josh Corbin. Corbin is a senior who’s double majoring in finance and accounting and has been involved in SOAR, the LaGrange Society, the Baptist Campus Ministries, and SGA. Corbin is also the active president of Lambda Sigma Phi and an Activity Assistant for the University Programming Council.

Corbin’s favorite part of homecoming court so far?

“Just the fact that I’m on it with a bunch of my friends.” Corbin said, “I’ve known Shana [Melton], Jayden [Bobo], and [Molly] Kathryn [Cooper], and some of these other people since I was a freshman.” The Diversity Student Ambassadors nominated Omar Figueroa. He is a junior majoring in criminal justice and minoring in spanish. He’s also a member of Diversity Student Ambassadors. His favorite part of UNA’s homecoming is networking with new and more people.

Dean Moore was nominated for homecoming court by Zeta Tau Alpha and is a part of Phi Gamma Delta as Rush Chair. He is majoring in marketing with a focus in sales, along with being involved with the American Marketing Association as the Fundraising and Community Impact Chair.

The National Pan-Hellenic Council nominated Tevin Pauley. As a fifth year senior majoring in professional biology, Pauley wants to attend medical school after his time here at UNA. He is involved in organizations like the LaGrange Society, being a resident advisor, the SGA, and SOAR as the head counselor. Pauley has received the undergraduate service award and the honor of being on the dean’s list. He is also a member of Kappa Alpha Psi as the treasurer.

Phi Mu nominated Connor Potts. Potts is a senior who is majoring in biology and a member of the Cole Honors College. Potts plans to use his degree to pursue a career in medical sales. He is also the president of Sigma Chi here on campus.

The 2022 King and Queen will be crowned at the pregame presentation on Saturday, Sept. 24, versus Tarleton State.