Changes made to Homecoming Parade

The annual Homecoming Parade is having changes made to its usual route due to construction on Pine Street. 

The new route will begin at College View Church of Christ. From there, the parade will travel south on Pine Street, left on Irvine Avenue, right on Court Street (southbound), left on Tennessee Street, left on Seminary Street and stopping at the intersection of Seminary Street and Irvine Avenue. The exit route will lead to Circular Drive, between the Mitchell-Buford Science Building and Flowers Hall.

The parade will begin at a delayed time of 11:30 a.m. on Sept. 30. Those participating in the parade are expected to arrive no later than 10:45 a.m.

In previous years, the parade has traveled down Pine Street, then turned onto Tennessee Street. Pine has been closed from Tuscaloosa Street to Tennessee Street since mid-August after undergoing storm damage. It is not known when the street will open again, but it is expected to become a one-lane after repairs are made.

Construction on the new parking deck has resulted in the same portion of Pine Street to be condensed from two-way in each direction down to one-way. The parking deck project is expected to finish in May 2024.