Business career fair comes to UNA

On Sept. 20, more than 11 companies will be campus to look for potential employees and interns thanks to the UNA Career Center and the Steele Center for Professional Selling.

“The Center for Professional Selling is excited to promote the sales and marketing program to these potential employers,” said Tim Butler, assistant professor of marketing and director of the Steele center for Professional Selling.

The career fair will run from noon to 3 p.m. in the Guillot University Center ballroom and provide an opportunity for employers and students to meet and network.

Confirmed company attendees include TNT Fireworks, State Farm, Aerotek, Motion Industries, Sycamore Physicians Contracting and Wealth Solutions Group, LLC.

Organizers expect the number of companies registered for the fair to be at least 15 or more by the time of the event, Butler said.

There will be a preliminary meeting on what to do at a career fair in GUC room 200 on Sept. 19 at 5 p.m.

“We’ll workshop resumes, talk about what to wear and answer other general questions students might have,” Butler said.

At the meeting, students will be shown how to register online for the event.

“When you register online, you also have the option to submit your resume before the event, and the career center will distribute it to all the companies for you,” Butler said.

The meeting will try to help students feel confident about going into the career fair and talking with potential employers.

Oftentimes, UNA graduates go on to work for companies that send recruiters to career fair events at UNA, Butler said.

“Many students think ‘oh, these recruiters don’t want to talk to me,’ when in reality, our well-educated and experienced students are exactly the people employers are looking to hire,” Butler said.

To register for the event, go to www.unasalescenter.com