University fraternity house catches fire

Firefighters work to put out the fire at the Phi Gamma Delta house. The cause has yet to be determined, but everyone managed to get out safely.

Life Editor Tyler Hargett

The Phi Gamma Delta house caught on fire during the early evening of August 30.

Everyone in the house was able to get out safely. No official cause has been determined.

UNA Police Chief Kevin Gillilan said the fire seems to have started outside and primarily damaged the rear of the house.

“I’m glad everyone’s okay,” said UNA President Kenneth Kitts. “That’s the top priority. Things and facilities can be replaced.”

Assistant Director of Student Engagement for Greek Affairs Ashley Christman said the national Phi Gamma Delta organization has been contacted and informed of the incident, and the chapter will meet with the members to discuss future plans.

Stick with The Flor-Ala for future information.