Student Publications seeking applicants

Staff Report

The Flor-Ala and Diorama are now accepting applications for the Spring 2017 semester and for the 2017-18 school year.

For next semester, The Flor-Ala’s news editor position is open. We are accepting applications, which include a resume and cover letter, through Nov. 30 and will interview applicants in early December. The scholarship for this position is $2,206.

There are 19 scholarship positions ranging from $1,050-$2,829 per semesters. There are also four executive positions that each earn a monthly stipend.

Student publications allows scholars to gain career experience, build their resume and helps connect with professionals at conferences in cities, such as New York City.

Eight jobs are available on The Flor-Ala’s editorial staff, including news, life and sports section editors, editor-in-chief and managing editor. Also, there are two graphic designer positions and a social media coordinator job.

For the business side of the newspaper, the business manager executive position is available, as well as circulation manager and an additional graphic designer for advertisements.

For those interested in photography and video work, there is a chief photographer position available, as well as two staff photographer spots. For those interested in film, there is a videographer position, the newest addition to student publications.

The Diorama yearbook staff will have four positions open next year, including an executive editor, life editor, Greek editor and sports editor.

To apply, follow the link below: https://docs.google.com/a/florala.net/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfnVEBPhpEgrMEFnYbmiPQ9g521db7qlc6kE5pBtgEXFemSlQ/viewform?c=0&w=1

The deadline to apply is Dec. 8. Contact Justin Bergh at 256-765-4426 or through email at [email protected]