Rivertown offers best coffee in Florence

A Barista takes orders at Rivertown. The coffee shop received the most votes for best coffee.

News Editor Anna Beahm [email protected]

Since 2004, Rivertown has been serving downtown Florence quality coffees and treats. However, Rivertown is not just a coffee shop. It is so much more, and that is why I think UNA students chose Rivertown Coffee as the best coffee shop in Florence.

The shop is a great companion for UNA because of its proximity to campus, unique products and late-night hours.

Here are three reasons why Rivertown Coffee is the best coffee shop in Florence.

1. Location and hours

Location is a big factor for a college student looking for an afternoon pick-me-up and a study spot that is not the library. Rivertown is less than a mile walk from campus and offers free Wi-Fi and ample table space essential for studying in comfort.

The shop is open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday, from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Friday and from 9 a.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday. These hours make the shop the place to grab breakfast before class and the place to go for an evening study session.

2. Drink variety

Rivertown offers the classic fresh-brewed coffees, frappes and cappuccinos They also provide noncaffeinated drinks such as a variety of hot and herbal teas, and frappes served without espresso.

Aside from coffee, Rivertown serves more “grown up” drinks, too. They have a variety of craft beers from across the country and here in town, including Singing River Brewery’s drinks.

3. Food

If your soft spot is a coffee and muffins, Rivertown Coffee might be your new vice. Every morning, the shop bakes fresh muffins. Some of the muffin flavors include blueberry and apple cinnamon. If you get there before 8 a.m. (on weekdays), the muffins are still warm. That’s one morning pick-me-up I personally cannot resist.

Aside from muffins, the shop makes a variety of sandwiches, soups, salads and even fresh pizza (starting at 6 p.m.).

The food factor makes Rivertown the perfect place to meet friends for a snack and a drink or having an all-day study session.

To see the rest of the results for the Students’ Choice section, check out the April 14 issue of The Flor-Ala.