Student spring concert ticket sales open April 4

After relaxing during spring break, students can claim their spring concert tickets as the University Program Council prepares for the spring concert April 30.

Student tickets for spring concert go on sale April 4 at 10 a.m. UPC will have a table set up in the Guillot University Center from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 4 – 8, said Director of Student Engagement Tyler Thompson in an email.

“There will be as many student tickets for as many students that want to come,” said UPC Live Acts Chair Alex Hughes. “(Flowers Hall) holds 4,500.”

This year, students must swipe their Mane cards and present their student ticket for admission to the event, Thompson said.

Hughes said UPC discourages students from selling their tickets to non-students.

Ticket sales to the public open 9 a.m. April 11, Thompson said. The public can buy tickets from una.edu/boxoffice.

Each public ticket to spring concert will cost $45. However, the public can buy a weekend ticket to attend both spring concert April 30 and the Singing River Music Festival April 29 for $55, Hughes said. Individual tickets to the festival cost $15 for the public. Students are admitted with a valid Mane card.

“(Ticket price) has been considerably low in the past,” he said. “As someone who’s worked in the industry, consdering how much we’re spending to bring them and products, $45 is an average ticket price. That’s about what you would pay to see them anywhere else.”

Hughes said he hopes UPC can make some money on the event this year so they can put more money toward improving the event in future years.

Apollo LTD will open for Panic!, he said.

“Panic! At the Disco will be great,” Hughes said. “They hand-picked Apollo LTD. We approve them, too. They really suit the tone of the event. The production will be twice as big as it has been in the past.”