“Snow Daze” on its way to campus

On behalf of the Student Government Association, it is my pleasure to welcome you back to the University of North Alabama for the spring semester. Your SGA representatives are extremely excited about the activity-filled semester that is ahead of us.

As the students left to go home for the break, a group of University Program Council delegates and other SGA representatives started planning a two monthslong schedule of activities that they call “Snow Daze.” The activities planned for Snow Daze are winter themed and include some events new to UNA.

The very first event for Snow Daze is the Big Chill Jan. 28 from 5 to 7 p.m. in the Guillot University Center Banquet Halls. This event is somewhat similar to the Big Deal that takes place in the fall semester because, as a student, you are able to walk around and browse the different registered student organizations. I truly believe it is important for all students to join an organization to be a part of something bigger than themselves. Also, this will provide a place for all the students to catch up and get ready for the upcoming semester. There will also be a day of service during Snow Daze Jan. 30.

In February, UPC will spruce up the Snow Daze activities by bringing an ice skating rink to campus. The ice skating rink will be on campus for two days and will be free of charge for all UNA students. Come out Feb. 12-13 to skate with your friends. UPC will provide everything you need to skate.

Lastly, UPC will host a Snow Ball Formal as the last signature event of the first inaugural Snow Daze. The Snow Ball Formal will be Feb. 25 at 7 p.m. in the GUC Performance Center. It will feature entertainment by Rachel Wammack and DJ C. Battle. UPC will provide food and drinks for the students in attendance. SGA encourages everyone to grab a date and come out to what is sure to be a memorable night.

As always, SGA is here to serve the students and ensure they have the best college experience possible. Please feel free to email us at [email protected] for any additional information regarding any of the SGA Snow Daze events.