Meet the 2015 SOAR Leaders

During your time at SOAR, you will join a group of peers led by UNA students known as SOAR leaders. See if you can find your SOAR leader and learn a little about them.

Junior Hannah Hopkins is the head counselor and is a native of Florence, Alabama. She majors in computer science and said she can say the alphabet backward.

Junior Jackson Townsend, a Pulaski, Tennessee native, is majoring in geography. Townsend said he has been to each of the highest mountain points in the Southeastern states.

Junior Noelle Hall, a Florence, Alabama native, is majoring in nursing. Hall said the most interesting fact about her is she slept in an ENO for an entire week in Panama.

Junior Amy Carraway, a Bridgeport, Alabama native, is a nursing major. Carraway said the most interesting thing about her is she can talk like Stitch from “Lilo and Stitch.”

Junior Carson Hagood, a Lewisburg, Tennessee native, is majoring in nursing. Hagood said one interesting fact about him is he has an adopted Chinese sister.

Sophomore Alex Gould, A Tuscaloosa, Alabama native, is majoring in entertainment business. Gould said one interesting fact about him is he went snorkeling off the coast of Panama.

Sophomore Erin Hill, a Ramer, Tennessee native, is majoring in fashion merchandising. Hill said one thing people would find interesting about her is she was an extra in the movie “I Am Potential.”

Senior Samuel Satterfield, a Hazel Green, Alabama native, is majoring in public communications. Satterfield said an interesting fact about him is he studied abroad in Paris in May.

Senior Amanda Areostatico, a Huntsville, Alabama native, is majoring in marketing. Areostatico said her most interesting fact is her last name is Italian for “Hot Air Balloon.”

Senior Maurice Mull, a Tanner, Alabama native, is majoring in human resource management. Mull said he drove his car to school one day and rode the bus home.

Senior Brooke Hornfeck, a Huntsville, Alabama native, is majoring in marketing. Hornfeck said an interesting fact about her is she zip-lined over part of Haiti.

Senior Emily Groover, a Pulaski, Tennessee native, is majoring in exercise science. Groover said the most interesting thing about her is she has a pet hedgehog named Beatrice.

Junior Jocelyn Barnes, a Florence, Alabama native, is majoring in entertainment technology. Barnes said the most interesting thing about her is she can pop her arm into and out of socket.

Senior Alex Beckman, a Loretto, Tennessee native, is majoring in music. Beckman said one time she sang “The Star Spangled Banner” at ground zero.

Sophomore Jake Davis, a Columbia, Tennessee native, is double-majoring in exercise science and physical therapy. Davis said he played saxophone in the Pride of Dixie.

Sophomore Katie Spillman, a Decatur, Alabama native, is majoring in social work. Spillman said an interesting fact about her is she did not get her first haircut until she turned 14.

Sophomore Talyn Walton, a Hazel Green, Alabama native, is double-majoring in literature and sociology. Walton said an interesting fact about her is she eats everything in pairs.