Meet the 2014 Homecoming court

Sam Satterfield, 21, is a public communications major from Hazel Green, Alabama. Satterfield is the SGA secretary, a LaGrange Society ambassador, Vice President of LionCom and a brother of Alpha Tau Omega fraternity.

“I was very excited to be chosen for the homecoming court. I felt like anybody could have gotten it. UNA is just home for me. I love the size. I love the way campus looks. I love the lions. It’s a place I can feel at home.”

Lauren Copeland, 21, is a business management and marketing major from Russellville, Alabama. Copeland is a member of the honors program, treasurer and president of Zeta Tau Alpha sorority, and vice president of public relations of Pi Sigma Epsilon.

“I’ve come to know people I would have never known or had the opportunity to meet had I not come to UNA. The programs that I’ve been able to be a part of, like honors, and things like that, they’ve really made all the difference. I don’t think local people realize what a gem it is.”

Gavin Hall, 20, is an exercise science major from Marianna, Florida. Hall is a LaGrange Society ambassador, a member of the honors program and a brother of Alpha Tau Omega fraternity.

“The people are what make UNA great — the warm and inviting atmosphere and the community across campus. When I came to UNA, I could tell that this was where I needed to be. We’re like one big family on campus.”

Samantha Hammond, 22, is a secondary education major from Lexington, Alabama. Hammond is the co-captain of LaGrange Society, a former SOAR team member and a member of student leadership at The Well.

“Being on homecoming court is such an honor for me because UNA is a place that I love so much. It is such an honor to be able to represent it and to promote a school that I absolutely love.”

Nick Lang, 20, is a sociology major from Arab, Alabama. Lang is the SGA Vice President of Senate, a LaGrange Society ambassador, a member of the 2014 SOAR Team and a brother of Sigma Chi fraternity.

“Basically, UNA is special to me because it’s big enough to get the college experience, but you also get that hometown feel. That’s why I love UNA. I’m so passionate about service here. Becoming homecoming king would be the greatest thing for me because I represent these students.”

Hailey Boeck, 21, is a marine biology major from Atlanta, Georgia. Boeck is a member of the honors program, Tri-Beta, the American Chemical Society, Alpha Lamba Delta, Phi Eta Sigma and the Marine Environmental Organization.

“What’s special about UNA is that everyone can make it their home. There are so many places where you can get involved — so many different groups that you can be a part of. It’s nice because everyone can make it what they want it to be.”

Maurice Mull, 20, is a human resource management major from Tanner, Alabama. Mull is SGA Senate’s Freshman Forum adviser, a member of the honors program and the 2014 SOAR team, a LaGrange Society ambassador, and a brother of Alpha Tau Omega fraternity.

“The fact that UNA is such a small campus allows students to get involved. The homey, community feel that UNA has is what I truly love about it.”

KeKoria Greer, 21, is a public relations major from Birmingham, Alabama. Greer is the SGA President, a LaGrange Society ambassador and chaplain sister of Phi Mu sorority.

“I love the atmosphere at UNA. Everyone talks about how there is definitely a community here. You can sense it. It was definitely an honor to even be nominated (for homecoming court). The fact that people put me up, like my peers, means a lot to me.”

Kahri Bolden, 20, is a public relations major from Hillsboro, Alabama. Bolden is a LaGrange Society ambassador, a member of the Presidential Mentors Academy, a 2014 SOAR Counselor and a brother of Alpha Tau Omega fraternity.

“I love meeting new people daily. Having the chance to meet the freshmen class through SOAR was just a great opportunity. It’s just kind of like, ‘hey, maybe I have a chance.’”

Samantha Fotovich, 22, is an elementary education major from Huntsville, Alabama. Fotovich is a LaGrange Society ambassador, and a member of Kappa Delta Pi honor society, Phi Kappa Phi honor society and K6 organization.

“I just love the community and family of campus — not only with the students but with the faculty and staff. I feel loved when I’m on campus. I feel at home. I guess that’s the biggest thing — home.”