Fall in love with your skin: ME Spa sponsors Miss UNA

Courtesy of Flor-Ala archives

On Nov. 9, ME Spa in Florence hosted an informational seminar for Miss UNA contestants to learn the importance of skincare and having a good skincare routine. Alani Brown, owner of ME Spa led this, along with the current Miss UNA, Lauren Vance. 

The event had Brown discussing different services offered at the spa and prices. She described how, as an alumni, it was important to her to be able to stay involved on campus and make connections with the girls competing in the pageant.  The previous owner sponsored the pageant but had no inclination of making these connections. 

Brown graduated from UNA in 2021 with a Bachelors of Science, and in the same week of receiving her diploma, she signed the papers to take over her business. For the last two years, she has enjoyed being able to serve the Shoals with her services. 

ME Spa has been open for 15 years, and under Brown’s ownership for two. The spa won the 2023 Spirit of the Shoals Best Business Award and the Shoals’ top body sugaring service provider. They are also the only provider of the Glo2Facial and BioRePeel services.

She offers four categories of services: skincare, brow and lashes, body sugaring and facial waxing. Under skincare are the Glo2Facial and BioRePeel services. The Glo2Facial is a three step treatment that rejuvenates the skin in one session. The steps are exfoliation, oxygenation and a facial massage and are included in the base price of $185. 

The BioRePeel is a strong chemical peel that — unlike others — can be done in one session, or stretched out over four with less than a week in between each. The peel removes the outermost layer of skin and exfoliates the cells responsible for production of collagen — the protein that maintains skin’s elasticity and helps maintain moisture. 

ME Spa also offers many options for body sugaring and waxing, and treatments for other spaces on the body. Body sugaring is a natural alternative to hard waxing and allows for a significant decrease in damage caused to the skin. Since the paste is made with sugar, water, and lemon juice it is the perfect alternative for those with sensitive skin, since it is free of harsh chemicals. 

Brow and lash lifts and tints are also available at the spa. As well as lamination, shaping and threading brow services. Eyelash extensions and fill in options are available. 

ME Spa also offers student discounts on certain services by presenting student ID. There is hard waxing, and several variations of facials.