Sky Zone trampoline park comes to Florence

If skating and bowling was not enough for UNA students to do in their free time, a new off-campus activity is coming to Florence in August.

Sky Zone Trampoline Park is under construction in Florence and plans to open its doors Aug. 11. The new franchised indoor trampoline park’s location is 250 Mangum St. across from the Walmart Supercenter on Hough Rd.

Sky Zone will be similar to Huntsville’s Shakalaka trampoline arena, said graduate student Adam McCollum, Sky Zone’s sales manager.

“Me and my friends have went over to Shakalaka a pretty good bit, but its an hour and a half drive,” McCollum said. “We still went to it because it was something fun to do. Since now we will have (a trampoline park) five minutes from campus, it’s something to do instead of having to go an hour and a half away.”

The new park will have multiple activities, including an open jumping area, a foam pit, an ultimate dodgeball court and the Sky Slam basketball court. McCollum said he is most looking forward to the Warrior Course, which is similar to what viewers see on the television series “American Ninja Warrior.”

Regular rates are $10 for a 30-minute session, $14 for an hour, $18 for 90 minutes and $22 for two hours.

McCollum said Sky Zone hopes to offer students a “college night” discount promotion for students with a valid mane card.

“We’re still trying to work the details out, but it’s something that UNA kids can look forward to,” he said. “I know we always like getting those discounts.”

Not only does Sky Zone offer college students an alternate activity, but it will also open up part-time job opportunities.

McCollum said Sky Zone will host a job fair July 22-23 and will hope to hire around 60-70 part-time staff members. Sky Zone has printable applications on their website, www.skyzoneflorence.com, and on their Facebook page.