Meet the 2023 Homecoming Court

Bre Goodwin

The University of North Alabama’s 2023 Homecoming Court has been selected from a list of 24 candidates. The Elections and Recruitment Committee of Student Government Association hosts the election.

The Queen candidates are Abbey Drummond, Abigail Eggemeyer, Treasure Franklin, Olivia Oliphant and Emma du Toit.

Abbey Drummond was nominated by Zeta Tau Alpha. She is an elementary education major with a collaboration in special education. Drummond is a part of Zeta Tau Alpha, the ASL Club and the Collaborative Club.

“One of my favorite experiences at UNA has been the chance to help restart the ASL Club on campus my freshman year,” said Drummond. “I then became vice president for one year and president for two years. It was so amazing seeing everyone who has a passion for this language come together! This was an opportunity I was looking for as a senior in high school, and I am so thankful that UNA gave this [opportunity] to me!”

Emma du Toit was nominated by Alpha Gamma Delta. She is a nursing major and is a member of Alpha Gamma Delta and the Cole Honors College.

Abigail Eggemeyer is a nursing major who was nominated by Phi Mu. She has served UNA in multiple capacities, including being Freshman Forum Executive Chair, SGA Protempore, ACONHP Ambassador and Phi Mu Membership Director, as well as being a part of The LaGrange Society and SOAR for two years.

“My favorite experience at the University of North Alabama has been having the opportunity to be involved on campus!” said Eggemeyer. “I have poured myself into this university and it has given me more than I could have dreamed of. I have made my best friends through the organizations I have been a part of and have been able to make a difference in people’s UNA experiences as well!”

Treasure Franklin is a psychology major who was nominated by petition. She is involved in the LaGrange Society, SOAR, the Cole Honors College, the Presidential Mentors Academy, The Flor-Ala, SGA, and other organizations.

“I am ecstatic to be nominated!” said Franklin. “I love this university, and I am honored to be given the chance to represent it in this capacity.”

Olivia Oliphant is an interior architecture and design major who was nominated by the National Pan-Hellenic Council. She is involved in the LaGrange Society and the Presidential Mentors Academy, and she is also a SOAR Counselor, President of the National Pan-Hellenic Council, President of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, a Diversity Student Ambassador and a Resident Advisor. She was previously involved in Freshman Forum and The Marching Pride.

“My favorite experience [at UNA] has been being able to share my love of UNA through SOAR and the LaGrange Society,” said Oliphant. “It makes me so happy when incoming and prospective students tell me they cannot wait to be here, or they can envision themselves loving it here!”

The King candidates are Omar Figueroa, Colby Johnson, Carson Partain, Garret Statom and Leo Whyte.

Omar Figueroa was nominated by Zeta Tau Alpha. He is a criminal justice major and is a member of Diversity Student Ambassadors and Club Ñ. Figueroa’s favorite experience at UNA has been participating in the Homecoming Parade. 

“I am so excited about this experience, and it’s a special one that I get to share with some of the most genuine people on campus!” said Figueroa.

Colby Johnson is a marketing major and was nominated by Alpha Gamma Delta. He is the Captain of the Steele Elite Sales Center, and he is a part of Alpha Tau Omega and the Cole Honors College.

Carson Partain was nominated by CAT Guild. He is majoring in professional management, and he is a part of the CAT Guild. He is also a student worker for the Office of Admissions and a Resident Advisor.

Garret Statom is an accounting major who was nominated by Phi Mu. Statom is a part of many organizations on campus, including LaGrange, Student Government Association, Beta Alpha Psi, Accounting Scholars, Beta Gamma Sigma, LifeGroup Underwood and Lambda Sigma Phi.

“By far my favorite experience [at UNA] has been competing in Mr. University,” said Statom. “My Reba McEntire won me the crown, and it was absolutely hilarious. Being able to be so involved in many different areas of campus has been a joy.”

Leo Whyte is a nursing major and is the Vice President of the Student Nurse Association, the organization which nominated him. His favorite memory at UNA was creating and performing his song, “UNA ANTHEM,” under his artist name “LeoBornAgain.” 

“It is an honor to be nominated,” said Whyte. “This is my last year at UNA, and I feel like there’s no better way to end it than to be a part of the homecoming court with people I know and love!”

Voting was open from Monday, Sept. 18, to Wednesday, Sept. 20, at 5 p.m. The Homecoming Queen and King will be crowned at the pregame presentation on Sept. 30 at 5:30 p.m. at Braly Stadium.