Miss UNA pageant postponed

Treasure Franklin
Lauren Vance after being crowned in January 2023.

The Miss UNA pageant has been postponed to Feb. 16. The pageant was originally scheduled to take place Jan. 18, but was unable to take place due to inclement weather. Doors will open at 4 p.m., and the program is set to begin at 5 p.m. in Norton Auditorium.

The pageant is special due to the celebration of 50 years of Miss UNA. Past Miss UNAs Claire Hendrickson (2022), Jocelyn Barnes Wright (2016) and Pam Battles (1984) all appeared alongside current Miss UNA Lauren Vance at the university’s Founders Day celebration in January. 

The pageant contest includes eighteen participants to compete first in an opening number, followed by onstage questions, the health and fitness category, the talent show and evening gowns. The university jazz band will provide musical accompaniment to the evening, as they have for the past 45 years. 

“Although our original plan for the 2024 competition was interrupted, I’m choosing to believe that God has a perfect, sovereign plan over all things and this is what He has allowed to occur for whatever reason,” Lauren Vance said in a statement on Instagram. “We would still love to have you with us as we crown our next Miss UNA on February 16 at 5 p.m.!”