Lambda Sig wins Step Sing 2024

Whitney Veazey
Lambda Sigma Phi, winner of Step Sing 2024, during their performance.

The University’s auditorium pulsed with anticipation as the curtains rose on Step-Sing 2024, an extravaganza of talent, creativity, and the vibrant spirit of the “Stages of Life” theme. Guided by the dynamic hosting duo of Will Driver and Lauren Vance, the night promised to be a celebration of life’s diverse stages. 

The order of performances was carefully orchestrated, commencing with Phi Mu, whose clever rendition of “Middle School the Musical” set the stage for a night filled with nostalgia and entertainment. Zeta Tau Alpha followed, enchanting the audience with their graceful portrayal of “Senior Prom,” bringing the magic of high school memories to life.

The third act, Lambda Sigma Phi, emerged as a powerhouse, delivering a performance that would later secure their victory as Overall Winners. The emotional journey through the “Stages of Life,” specifically the theme of “Graduation,” resonated deeply with the audience, creating a lasting impression.

Alpha Delta Pi took the stage next, unveiling their theme, “Scrapbook Flashback.” Their heartfelt performance, accentuated by the sorority duo reliving their college years and a visual representation of cherished memories, captivated the audience.

Baptist Campus Ministries transported the crowd to “The Big Move to the Big Apple,” showcasing a collage of New York City landmarks and symbols. Despite setbacks caused by an ice storm, the group’s resilience and dedication were evident in their uplifting performance.

Alpha Gamma Delta delved into the complexities of love and heartbreak with “What a Gam Wants.” The sorority’s artistic expression, accompanied by a powerful storyline, left an indelible mark on the audience, setting the stage for an emotionally charged evening.

Phi Gamma Delta faced the challenges of fraternity life head-on, presenting a man who can’t seem to escape his fraternity days. Their performance in the overall show and life resonated with the audience, adding depth to the night’s narrative.

Pi Kappa Alpha, the last to perform, showcased “Dad Mode: The Best Stage of Life.” With humor and heartwarming moments, the fraternity’s performance painted a vivid picture of the joys and challenges of fatherhood.

As the performances unfolded, the hosting duo seamlessly guided the audience through the diverse themes, ensuring a cohesive and engaging experience. Driver’s charismatic energy and Vance’s grace added an extra layer of excitement to the evening.

The grand finale arrived with the announcement of the Overall Winners. Lambda Sigma Phi’s victory illuminated the stage, and the MCs expertly navigated the award ceremony with flair and excitement. Pi Kappa Alpha’s triumph in the men’s division and Alpha Gamma Delta’s victory in the women’s division were celebrated with equal enthusiasm

As the onlookers gathered outside the auditorium, exchanging thoughts and reliving their favorite moments, several expressed their love for both Phi mu’s and Lambda Sigma Phi’s performances. The tie between the two reflected the diversity of preferences among the Step-Sing enthusiasts. Some were drawn to the nostalgia and clever twist in Phi Mu’s performance, capturing the essence of middle school with flair and creativity. Others found themselves deeply moved by Lambda Sigma Phi’s heartfelt journey through the stages of life, resonating with the challenges and triumphs depicted on stage.

Step-Sing 2024, with its dynamic performances and expertly guided by Driver and Vance, transcended a mere competition. It became a celebration of life’s diverse stages, uniting the UNA community in a night of joy, creativity, and shared experiences. As the curtain fell, the echoes of the competitors resonated through the halls, leaving a mark on Step-Sing history.