Snow Daze wraps up with Snow Ball

University Program Council’s Snow Daze wraps up Feb. 25 with the Snow Ball Formal.

Doors of the Guillot University Center’s performance center open at 6:30 p.m., and admission is free for students with their Mane cards. Students are allowed to bring a date who does not attend UNA.

Performances include Rachel Wammack from 7 – 8:30 p.m. and DJ C. Battle from 8:30 – 10 p.m.

“The whole idea for Snow Daze was to give students something to look forward to during these gloomy months,” said Snow Ball committee member and junior Kisha Spearman. “We want this to be an event that happens every year that students can look forward to.”

It will be like prom, but on a bigger scale, said senior and head of the Snow Ball committee Amber Lyons.

The committee has been spreading the word about the event with fliers, posters and posts on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, said junior and committee member Hugo Castillo.

“I’ve heard lots of people say they’re going to come by,” Spearman said. “A lot of people are excited to hear there’s a formal outside of Greek life.”

Lyons said this event gives everyone an opportunity to dress up and attend a formal.

Ladies can wear long or short cocktail dresses or gowns, Spearman said.

Just be comfortable and have fun, she said.

Spearman said she hopes everyone will come to the event, enjoy the refreshments and entertainment, mingle with other students and dance.

Refreshments include a white chocolate fountain complete with fruit, pretzels, marshmallows and other items to dip, she said.